CSHRA Scholarship Opportunities
CSHRA Scholarship Program
The following delineates basic information regarding the Scholarship Program1 that CSHRA offers to its members:
CSHRA awards two (2) annual scholarships for active members pursuing professional certification. Each of these certification scholarships must be used for direct examination (testing) costs within an area of Human Resources. The Certification Scholarships will be an award of $200.00 or 50% of the certification exam fee, whichever amount is less. A third scholarship award, the Training Scholarship, will be given for a course of study or conference attendance within the field of Human Resources Management. The training scholarship award will be $500.00 or 50% of the academic course or conference, whichever is less. Scholarships will be awarded as a reimbursement to the recipient.
- Each Scholarship Recipient must be an active member in good standing2.
- One Certification Scholarship will be awarded for each testing window
- Certification scholarship applications will be accepted based on the testing window of the current year and scholarship application deadline dates listed below.
- Certification Scholarship awards will be for direct examination costs only and must be towards professional certification within an area of Human Resources.
- Certification Scholarships will be awarded as a reimbursement upon proof of payment and completion of examination. Documentation must be attached to the scholarship application to be considered. Legible copies are acceptable.
- Training Scholarship application will be due in accordance with the deadline listed below.
- Training Scholarship will be awarded for a course of study or conference attendance within the field of Human Resources Management.
- Training Scholarships will be awarded as a reimbursement upon proof of payment and completion of class, conference or seminar. Documentation must be attached to the scholarship application to be considered. Legible copies are acceptable.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CSHRA Board Members at the first board meeting after the close of the scholarship application deadline.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the September (of the same calendar year) and May (of the following calendar year) monthly member meetings.
|Certification Scholarship Application Deadline||Testing Window||Scholarship Awarded|
|October 1||December 1-January 31||November Monthly Members Meeting|
|March 1||May 1 – June 30||May Monthly Members Meeting|
|Training Scholarship Application Deadline||Training Window||Scholarship Awarded|
|October 1||January 1 – November 30||November Monthly Members Meeting|